Top 3 Reasons to Vote for Barry Chang
When you elect Barry to the Board of Education, you can count on him to:
1. Strengthen the safety net for the County’s most vulnerable children, from preschoolers to foster youth, special education and at-risk students.
2. Improve outcomes for our County’s schools.
3. Secure more education funding from the State
From Left to right, Santa Clara County Board of Education candidate Barry Chang; Bill Wilson, President of the Board of Trustees, Fremont Union High School District (FUHSD); Hung Wei, Board member Fremont Union High School District Adult School (FUHSD) and candidate for Cupertino City Council; Vice Mayor Rod Sinks, City of Cupertino.
Cupertino City Council Member and former Mayor Barry Chang brings proven leadership skills and experience to lead the Santa Clara County Board of Education.
As a resident of Cupertino, Barry has a positive record when it comes to improving the education system, the county, and the environment.
Cupertino School Board Experience
Serving 8 years on Cupertino School Board, Barry helped improve student performance despite funding cuts. He also established the visionary and very popular Cupertino Language Immersion Program to help fully engage students. And he worked to alleviate school overcrowding conditions.
Public Service Dedication
Barry worked diligently with Apple, Inc. and achieved a win-win solution on the successful Apple Park Project. Now, they are working together to find solutions for traffic congestion.
For 10 years, Barry led the Bay Area for Clean Environment Inc. (BACE) to force the Lehigh Southwest Cement Plant to comply with environmental laws.
Barry’s public service experience includes:
• PTA Board Member, Lincoln Elementary School
• Board of Trustee, Cupertino Union School District
• Public Safety Commissioner, City of Cupertino
• Cupertino City Councilmember
• Former Cupertino City Mayor
• Bay Area for Clean Environment, Inc.
Click on image to see flyers.